Successful People Wake Up Early
“Do Not Love Sleep, Lest You Come To Poverty; Open Your Eyes, and You Will Be Satisfied With Bread” (Proverbs 20:13)
Did you know successful people wake up early? Here are a few tips for those who want to be early risers:
- Don’t tire yourself out the night before. Certain things are unavoidable, but some tiredness can be sidestepped by avoiding violent movies, lively music, or heavy, rich food before bedtime.
- Try going to bed a little earlier. The idea is to give yourself a time limit. If you can get to bed before midnight, try to do that, and keep your room as dark as possible. That way, your body will produce melatonin, a hormone that aids its recovery during sleep. That will help you to have a more productive day.
- Schedule your day before going to bed. Make a note of everything you need to do the next day, especially what you need to do right after waking up. That will put your mind at rest without worrying about tomorrow’s problems. Note everything you need to do and place this list beside the bed.
- Say a prayer. Thank God for the day that just passed, and place your night’s sleep, your family, and your worries in His hands. Place your planning for the next day in His hands, asking for His direction throughout the day and for whatever happens to be in your best interest. Be sure that He will answer your sincere prayer.
- Evaluate how many hours of sleep you need. Not everyone needs eight hours of sleep a day. Evaluate the day’s productivity after 6, 7, and 8 hours of sleep to determine what works best. Whatever causes you to feel prepared, energetic, and quick-thinking is what your body needs.
- Always set the alarm for the same time. That will condition your brain to wake up at a particular time. It’s better to keep the time the same over the weekend; otherwise, it may have the opposite effect and cause you to feel exhausted on Monday.
- The “snooze” button no longer exists. Forget about this function on your smartphone. The snooze is just a button that someone invented to sabotage your plans to wake up early with all the enthusiasm that life deserves.
- Turn on the lights. Light causes your brain to understand that you have begun a new day. If the sun hasn’t yet risen, turn on the bedroom lights.
Place a motivating phrase on the wall. When you feel tempted to sleep a little bit longer, even when you’ve had enough sleep, remember successful people wake up early. Read the below verse:
“Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with bread” (Proverbs 20:13).
50 Shades of Success